It has been a heck of a week. There were good times - running with Shanna, missing a much anticipated movie with her due to a wreck that left us stuck on the highway for about an hour and half (allowing us some serious girl talk), a couple of days at the park where I was able to visit with friends versus having to swing the little man for an eternity.
Then the rough patches. I'm going to attribute all the rough patches to the wonderful hormones in birth control. Just one of the many other burdens that we as women have to bear. I hate that I try to do all the right things with my body; eat right, exercise, meditate, etc. but then in order to prevent pregnancy I have to ingest hormones that try their damndest to reverse all that hard work and dedication. Being very in-tune to my body I realized early in the week that I was feeling an irritability inside that I haven't felt in ages (since the last time I was using birth control). It has only been a few weeks so HOPEFULLY soon, very soon my body will balance out and things will be all good again. Not good again because I've become so frequently moody, fragile, and irritable that I no longer know the difference anymore; but good again in that those freaking hormones quit jacking with me!!
The day ended with the little man and I baking some cupcakes since he hasn't stopped requesting "birthday cake" since his cupcake on his birthday. He did all the stirring and licking of the spoon. I can tell already he is going to be a great helper in the kitchen. From macaroni to toast he demands "chair, chair, chair" and pushes one up to the counter to help me "cook". Anyone that knows me knows how little cooking I know how to do so therefore can see the humor in this. Time to step up my game.
P.S. Don't look too closely at anything in the background. We have only been in our house 3 years and CLEARLY that is not nearly long enough to have cabinet doors put on or be painted. The good news is, the kitchen will once again be demolished. No need to shed tears over a never finished kitchen. ;-)
Aww you poor girl! I hope they level out in your system too.
ReplyDeleteWe need to look at the movie times again and see what we can work out for another night!!
He's such a cutie! Love the chocolate face!!
Another try at movie night is a must!
ReplyDeleteI added some poems and other things to my blog, I had a much needed day with you sunday. Thanks for listening and sharing. I love you sweetie!
ReplyDelete