3 months ago
September 14, 2009
New Shoes
As I sit here and listen to my new favorite musician Paolo Nutini sing New Shoes, I can't help but realize how much these new shoes I have on represent my life right now.
He sings: Hey, I put some new shoes on
And suddenly everything's right
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on
And everybody's smiling, it's so inviting
Now that's how I feel!!! Unfortunately my new shoes seem to be stirring up a completely different emotion in Mr. Aries. It started a couple days ago, I come home from a nice little 10K at my girl Shanna's house and plop down on the couch. He looks up at me and in the most hateful tone says "Running is taking over your life!" I had to digest the information for a moment, make sure he hadn't said it was something else that was in need of an intervention in my life, I don't know like Green Tea. I respond with something along the lines of "I only run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday" then continue to sit there staring at him dumbfounded.
It seems as if the more I grow and change, the more I feel resentment from Mr. Aries. I suppose there have been a lot of times in the past I haven't just gone right ahead and done things that made me happy, for whatever reason. But, life's too short.
As Meiko sings: See, I ain't wasting no more time
Gotta take back what's mine
What else am I supposed to do
I'm not living my life if I'm not doing things I love. I hope I can continue to know and understand that doing things I love and enjoy is okay.
AND....I can guarantee you these sexy little 5Fingers will be hitting some pavement - so I won't be stopping that anytime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*sigh* I wish I knew why he had to be so stubborn (trying to be nice). Maybe just maybe if he starts to run like he says, he'll start to understand it more? You should give him the beginner's program that you started with.
ReplyDeleteThe VFFs look FAB-u-lous on you dah'ling! I cannot wait to run outside in them! I'm off to Google map your area to see if there are any trails we can add to our list of places to run! I'll look up the one we talked about today too :)
Shanna- You are the BEST!!! I don't say that enough! I'll see how sharing the beginner's program goes.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't be more excited to try out our VFFs tomorrow!!! We have been very patient ;-) and smart about easing into our new shoes! Great run today by the way!!
Thanks so much for your comment on my post today... any friend of Shanna's is a friend of mine! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you keep doing what you love, no matter what resistance you encounter. I didn't do that... and lost myself for a long, long time.
And I LOVE your statement under your blog title... LOVE IT! I keep hoping I can be that fearless, too... time will tell :)
Diane - thank you so much for your comment! I can't thank you enough, hearing someone else tell me to keep doing what I love, it means more than I can express!
ReplyDelete