September 9, 2009

I CAN finally find you!!!


Check out my new Garmin!! I would say I've needed one of these things since I could drive but the need came long before that. It would have really come in handy the time I decided I would meet my friend half way between her house and mine. We were in 8th grade and I had been to her house at least a million times! About 4 hours later I'm standing at a pay phone clear across town calling my parents collect in hopes of catching a ride back home. Turns out I had walked about 6 miles in the wrong direction.


Since then there have been too many times to count that I go many, many, many miles (an embarrassing amount of many miles) in the wrong direction because I'm recognizing landmarks. I finally tend to discover I recognize said landmarks because I've gone that wrong way before.


Just yesterday I thought I was being so helpful in giving directions to a fellow mom's group member. She wondered where Southlake was, I told her how to get to Northlake and then followed with "Yeah, so get there and then it's SOUTHLAKE". Evidently this type of direction giving is not sufficient enough.


Goodbye to being at least a half hour late to every play date. Goodbye to wandering around aimlessly for any resemblance of a recognizable landmark notifying me I'm on the right track. Hello to knowing where to go, how to get there, and back home again!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Garmin! I'm glad you found one! "It's South of North Lake" ROFL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I THINK I've added all that we talked about! Hope you like, there's no room left for much of anything!! Let me know if you want anything changed ;)
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO! HAHAHA! I posted that as you ... just like we talked about! Ooops! Now I'm me again!! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are hands down the BEST!!! LOVE IT!! I can see nothing that needs to be tweaked, you are awesome! I owe you big time! Still trying to figure out what it is I'm really good at and can help you with ;-). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, one question. Can we remove that search thing that is floating in a strange place on the page. I tried, no comprende.........

    ReplyDelete