I am a terrible cook. It's really okay with me seeing how I don't really have much of a desire to become a great cook. I enjoy eating good food. I suppose that would occur far more frequently if I could actually make good food. Hence any bum feelings when I do attempt to put a meal together. I'm not giving up, I will keep trying, but I do enjoy laughing about it along the way.
Shanna gave me a wonderful little cookbook; super simple, all containing familiar ingredients and most recipes only have THREE steps. I was very anxious to try something out. I decided on a Chicken, Asparagus, and Mushroom bake. I already had some mushrooms and am very familiar with the ingredients chicken and asparagus. Well, this is how it came out.......
Evidently corn bread mix stuffing and corn bread mix are not the same thing. It may have also been affected by my last minute decision to leave the mushrooms out upon discovering they were extremely slimy.
Anyway, we ended up eating peanut butter and banana sandwhichs. That is a meal that always leaves me with a very happy tummy!
Beside my amusing kitchen trials, I've been running again (with Shanna of course!), hanging out with the little man again and daydreaming about a very exciting little trip I have coming up this weekend. Life has been really great!!!! I'm trying to stay in the moment and enjoy busy times as well as the lazy days.
Yesterday was an amazing day! Shanna, Jet, Mason and I met Nana at the Arboretum and we walked, played, saw some beautiful flowers and had a picnic. Jet took the great picture of Shanna and I below. I'm looking forward to all of the fun things we have planned for the summer!!!!!!! It is going to be the best summer ever, I can feel it!
3 months ago
LOL oh no!! ;) The picture you put together with the dish and book looks nice though! Tip for beginner cooks #1: Follow the directions until you get a feel for deviating from them! ;) You'll get the hang of it, I promise, just don't give up!!
ReplyDeleteI had the best time with you guys and so did Jet! Your mom is so sweet ;)
And? LOOK at that fabulous picture Jet took! We look FABULOUS! ;)