March 2, 2010

Happy Days

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
-Thoreau

That quote sums up the last couple days/weeks/months of my life. I have a sense of gratitude for life that I have never felt before. I have an inner peace that stays with me through all of my days. I'm just so freaking happy- happy about right now, happy about tomorrow, happy about unapologetically (well maybe not quite there yet) living my life the way I am imagining. Who would have thought, taking responsibility for EVERYTHING that does and can happen in my life is all it would take to experience this life from a completely different perspective.

Last week I got to meet all the kids in the class I will be subbing in. All I need to say about that is that I already love each and every one of them. I got teary eyed a couple times sitting there watching them all. I was completely overcome with gratitude and joy at the opportunity to be there. If I ever wasn't sure that teaching/guiding children was the right path for me, my soul made sure I understood last week. Not to mention I just LOVE being there. The BIG bonus is challenging myself to constantly choose thoughts that will release currents of a high-frequency energy. In turn, releasing only emotional currants of love to each of the beings around me, making the world a better place.

Found the perfect apartment at the perfect price. I move in April 1st and the way I'm feeling in regard to that is excitement, at this point not much more or less. I'm finding the most difficult part of this is finding the words to tell others when they look at me with those sad puppy dog eyes and ask me why I'm getting a divorce. What I want to say "We are spiritual beings on a human journey and Mr. Aries and my journey has come to an end. Our spiritual growth is taking us in different directions. I'm grateful for everything I have learned from sharing my life with his. I wouldn't want it any other way. Everything is happening exactly as it should." Instead I tend to stumble over my words and end up rambling on about how we are better as friends or at my worst put it on him as if I've had no control over the way the last 11 years of my life has gone. Maybe a combination of the two I could easily say is "It's just not meant to be." I'll try that one out next.....

Put little man down for a nap and since I hear a bit of banging and pounding around in his room I better wrap it up. I've gotta include some pictures from the big event of the weekend however. We took little man to his first live show, Elmo Live. Hooked him up with second row center tickets and I'm so glad I did because he had the time of his life.



3 comments:

  1. You HAVE to get that last picture of you and him framed! I love it!!
    I'm just so happy you're happy!!! I can't wait to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!
    you are SO.. incredibly... beautiful!!!!!!!

    and your son is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Shanna said :) Love you, love you, love you Kel! -alli

    ReplyDelete