There have been times in my life when I have been such a "hermit" that I have believed and convinced myself that I didn't really need any friends. In this moment I would like to eternize the truth for myself that I absolutely need friends. I don't think it really matters how many or how few, it only matters that there are those people that we can share our lives with and grow to love unconditionally while accepting that love in return.
Friday night I spent the evening with Alli, her fabulous sister, and some of her best friends that have so graciously welcomed me into their circle that I consider them friends of mine. It is times like this, when I'm spending time with "the girls" that I see just how important all these women are to me in my life.
We drank some delicious wine, mixed in some FANTASTIC champagne, and followed that up with some authentic Mexican food and a giant sangria! I managed to pull myself away at a decent hour knowing that the following morning was Shanna and I's first 10K race.
Saturday morning was the first 10K race that Shanna and I have run. We have been preparing for this race for quite some time. Possibly, partly to my thinking that running a 10K is far beyond my abilities. We did two 8 week programs to train for it, a beginners and then an intermediate. Well, the race has come and gone and not only did we do it but we came in 2nd and 3rd place for our age bracket. Our finishing time was 57:19. The run was awesome!!! We started out toward the back and one runner at a time we passed, and passed, and passed. Now we are starting a training program for a half marathon in January and this time around I'm not even going to bother myself with the self doubt. I continue to prove my mind wrong in regard to what I am capable of doing and accomplishing. Hopefully this new sense of "can do" will carry over and stay in all areas of my life!!!! Thank you Shanna for running next to me and also being such a wonderful friend to me!!!!!


Congrats to Kelly and Shanna on an amazing accomplishment!!!! 2nd and 3rd place is AMAZING - so proud of you!!!
ReplyDeleteLike I said on Shanna's blog, you ladies are AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the great pictures too ;-)
Thank you Alli!!!! I'm keeping my hopes up that you join us for the half in January....or March!! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I'm so proud of both of you!!! You inspire me to keep up the wheezing.
ReplyDeleteAnd as for your girls night... tell the truth... it was all the booze you loved, right? ;)
Ahhh girls night! I'd be jealous if I never got to have one with you! Thank YOU for running next to me - I don't know if I would have had the tenacity to make it Saturday if it hadn't been for you!!!
ReplyDelete