Yesterday was a really great day!!! Little man and I met Nana and Papa at the zoo since the last week all little man wanted was to "go home, see animals." He puts "go home" before every sentence that follows with going somewhere. The first time we were away from home and he starting saying in the sweetest little voice "go home," I wanted to cry. Shortly after, we were home and he started saying it over and over again. I realized that he does not indeed mean "go home" only really - "let's GO SOMEWHERE!"
The day at the zoo I couldn't help but think about how soon I won't have the privilege of hanging with the little man all day, everyday. I'll be okay with that when it happens, if only because not being okay with it will do me no good.
The good news is I may get to have more time with him than if I had actually gotten that long-term sub position that I mentioned earlier.
Today little man and I went and had lunch with Aunt Emily. I got to meet the principal, Mr F., as well as pass along my resume. Mr. F had already filled the position with someone that has done long-term subbing before. He was really nice though and mentioned several times that I need to call him in March to discuss any openings he may have for the Fall. I'm totally okay with this. Before discovering the possibility of the long-term position I was looking forward to trying out several schools, only subbing a couple times a week (if needed), and spending the rest of my days hanging with little man. SO, now I'm happily back to plan A while still being open to whatever the universe may throw my way. On that note:
Lao-tzu encourages us to "Surrender to life. Allow life to lead you, don't try to lead life. Don't try to manipulate and control life. Let life possess you. You simply surrender. You give total power to life, and be with it."
3 months ago

Such a sweet picture of Little Man :) So no full time job? So weird that they didn't just tell you that before you went in! It does sound like you're relieved, and for that I'm glad because it gives you a little more time for those baby steps you've been craving!
ReplyDelete